Monday, October 29, 2007

Thing #35

Ahh....Twitter...and Jaiku. Good ideas for keeping in touch. I, however, don't feel the need to be touched that much. Don't really care to be touched at all really. I mean, I am, after all, the Evilibrarian. We, as a general rule, aren't that touchy feely. I firmly believe in personal space. I can't imagine the need to have people be able to contact me that readily.

But seriously, they seem cool and all for the college age and under crowd, who are constantly IMing, and planning for their evenings out. I find it entertaining that you can update it so that people can know your every move. You can even put up an I'll be driving icon on your account, just in case they want to reach you. Jaiku seems to make it easier to find people, but to become a member, you have to wait for an invitation.

I don't think that this is technology that I'll get much use out of, since I don't know many people that would be using it, and that is the key issue here. You can't send someone a Tweet if they're not Tweetin' with ya. Get hip, man!

No comments: