Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thing #15

Reading, reading, reading.....did all of my reading for Thing #15! Interesting articles. I think that these blogs are a great way to train all library employees in the new software/etc emerging today, but the library needs to go back to offering training to the public. Working here in the City Unit, (which we love....remember...It's good in the hood!) I can attest to the fact that rarely a day goes by without one of our staff being asked when the computer classes will be starting up again, to which we stumble and stammer out something to the effect of...."Um, uh....we haven't been....uh,.....notified yet...but...um....we'll let you know...uh....as soon as we ....uh, find out something...." Lookin' stupid here guys..... ! Maybe it's just us down here in the city...but I doubt it...

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Amen girl! Yes, we do need to restart the classes - I've had the same tongue-tied experience when asked about them.

Barb M said...

Definitely not just in the city. We get asked every day at Au also. I used to teach classes at West and it was really rewarding. I really miss it and would do it again in a minute.

Anonymous said...

oh hell yea!! do i hear a big AMEN! out there?!

Awad said...

Amen!